The Highway, Brighton, East Sussex, BN2 4PA
A Compassionate Learning Community
To contact a member of the Year 6 teaching staff for support with home learning, please email:
Complete an hour of maths a day
1. Use the CGP Maths Study Books provided to work through. Answer the questions and check your answers. If they are incorrect, try to work out why and answer them again.
2. Revision Booklet (Twinkl) – this explains how to answer questions and gives some for you to answer yourself (it is very useful)
3. Word Problems – answer at least 1 question a day.
4. Check Google Classroom for writing tasks.
5. Read your reading book for at least 30 minutes per day. Read it aloud, read it alone, read it to someone else!
***Power Of Reading (and writing)*** - CLPE's 'Take 5' for year 5 and 6.
Download and have a try at these
Websites and tools we use in school:
All of the below can be monitored and supported by teachers and meet curriculum objectives. Some of these allow teachers to set tasks. Internet access is needed for each of the below.
www.lexiacore5.com (Reading, spelling, punctuation and Grammar – teacher can monitor)
How to log in: visit website, put in teacher’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual login details in pack.
https://ttrockstars.com/ - (multiplication tables – teacher can monitor and set tasks)
How to login: Visit website, enter school postcode (BN2 4PA). Individual logins in pack.
https://www.purplemash.com/login/ - (computing, Maths, spelling, reading – teacher can monitor and set tasks).
How to login: Visit website, find school, individual logins in pack).
https://classroom.google.com/ - Virtual classroom. Teacher can set work and send messages to communicate with children.
How to login: Visit website and use email and password (this is locked down so messages cannot be sent or received other than from class teachers). Individual logins in pack.
Other useful links/website:
https://uk.ixl.com/math/ - curriculum based maths quizzes
https://www.mathantics.com/ - explanative maths video tutorials
https://www.theschoolrun.com/ - guides for parents to help with learning
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary - supporting resources for English/Maths/Foundation
http://www.pobble365.com/ - Provides a different picture each day as a writing stimulus
https://www.onceuponapicture.co.uk/ - Provides many writing stimuli
https://www.duolingo.com/ - Sign up for free and learn Spanish