10 Reasons to Choose Moulsecoomb!
“I am so impressed with the nursery and the way they have kept me informed with my daughter’s progress as well as the way they have engaged with me and allowed me to participate in my daughter’s learning and development. I have attended numerous stay-and-play events and the term-time updates have been invaluable by enabling me to understand how she is doing and allowing me to build upon that at home. I would recommend the school to anyone.”
- RESULTS: We’re delighted with the improvement in results in all areas in 2019. Our Y1 Phonics check was above the national average at 84 % and our Y6 SATs improved by a whooping 28 %! We also recorded improvements in Y2 SATs with most children achieving the age-related standard or better in reading, writing and maths.
- EARLY YEARS: Rated ‘Good’ “Children get off to a strong start in the early years and make good progress as a result of effective teaching” OFSTED
- RAISING ASPIRATIONS: We work with Sussex University, Brighton University and every year our pupils earn scholarships to Christ Hospital Independent School.
- CARING AND COMPASSIONATE: 'The school is an inclusive community. Leaders know pupils and their families well, and staff work hard to meet pupils' varying needs, both social and emotional.' OFSTED
- INCLUSIVE: 72% of pupils receiving pupil premium attained Good Level of Development in early years, higher than the national average
- COMMUNITY: We work with over 30 organisations giving our pupils a wide range of opportunities which complements their work in the classroom.
- CHICKENS! We have ten new hens and a cockerel for children to care for and learn about.
- WOODLAND LIBRARY: A real community project, our wonderful library is an inspiring place, helping make every child a reader.
- SCHOOL GROUNDS: Our award winning school grounds teach pre-history curriculum to pupils across the city; you won’t find a more incredible outdoor learning environment anywhere else in the country!
- WRAP AROUND CARE: We are open from 7.45 am - 5.30 pm every school day starting with breakfast club for just £1! After school activities include homework clubs, sports, literacy, bikes and table tennis coaching from professionals.